Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

I'm motivated.

Friday, April 24, 2009


So, my reasons for needing to go to the gym are starting to pile up. My daughters pool has been inflated in the front yard, and filled with water for the past 3 days. Its been 95 degrees, which is ideal kiddy pool swimming weather. Its not that I can't get in it, because if I really wanted to, I could. I could put on my too-big maternity suit and tough it out like a big girl. I could even jump in with my clothes on, who's gonna stop me? Really, I just don't want anybody to see me. My thighs, my cleavage... ick. And then I started planning this trip to Hawaii. We're not going anytime soon, not for 2 years at least, but while I'm there, I want to walk the beach in a bikini. Dream big, I know. Me, in a bikini? Better put on my running shoes and start now. My chest size, thats a big reason. Walking around with a pair of H cups (yeah thats not a typo) gets tiresome. And if that wasn't enough, I just had to come across an old friends networking page last night and see that shes lost an entire person in weight. I'll admit it... I'm jealous. Yep, I said it. I've talked it over with Christopher for days, how I could get myself to the gym every day. Something always comes up. He comes home, and I get distracted. Instead of going, I want to play with the kids outside. Or I have to cook dinner. Or Charlie needs to eat. Or a good TV show comes on. Or... wow... see, I can find any reason not to go. Really I need to get off my butt and get moving. I'm 5 lbs away from reaching my first goal. 5 lbs, that's it. And that swimsuit up there (size 16, Lane Bryant), I want to wear it this summer while I play in the sun with my kids. Usually I'd put off buying it, and say something like "I'll wait, and then buy it when I'm a size smaller". No, I'm just going to buy my actual size, and wear it now. But my solution to all of this? Its a sucky one, but its the best one. Wake up at 4:45 every morning and hit the gym before the kids wake up and the husband heads off to work. Its early, I'll be cranky, but it will be done and out of the way, and I won't be able to talk my way out of it. Just get up and go. I know tomorrow is a Saturday, but that's when it starts. I'm officially motivated, and dead set on taking my life back. Bikini, here I come.

14 comments:

Maggie April 24, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

That suit is cute, and you totally deserve it now! No one has a chance of looking cute in a too big maternity suit or wet clothes.

Megan April 24, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Go Tia! That is a cute suit...good motivation. ;)

Angela April 24, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

Oh! Love your blog!! It is SO bright and beautiful.

Giggly April 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Yay! Someone else is on the journey! I need to lose a million pounds! So, I am starting next weekend :-)
You can do it!!

Oh Mandie April 24, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Thats awesome! You can do it Tia!

I've been saying that I'm going to lose weight forever now ... well since I had my first son (who is now 6!!) so you're going to be my inspiration

BeckyKay April 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

Good for you! That suit is cute! But I'm not sure I was even aware that 4:45 comes twice a day...

Beth April 24, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

I'm trying to lose the baby weight too. I've got a wii fit that I'm doing. I'm just not as disciplined as you to get up that early and go to the gym.

Oh, and the cleavage does get better. I finally went down a size after loosing 20lbs. Woo Hoo!

Tia Colleen April 24, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Seriously ladies, lets start a weight loss club. Hot mamas that want to be hotter, haha. We can help motivate each other.

monthone April 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

Hey!
Yay for being *this close* to your first goal!
I am sending out that cardio mix tomorrow along with a zillion other cds that get me all crazy excited at the gym!!!

Tia Colleen April 24, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

Jan I can't wait!! I really need pump-me-up music.

melroska April 24, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

good luck, you can do it! i started working out about 6 months ago, and at first it was hard, but now i can't stop! that suit is super cute. also, i feel your bra pain, i'm at a g cup right now. ugh.

Stacey April 24, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

I watch Biggest Loser to motivate me to go to the gym, they do some hardcore workouts.

Amanda aka MamaRobot April 26, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

I am so with you. I had my baby almost 2 months ago and yesterday someone asked when I'm due! Ouch. Good luck, you are totally gonna rock that bikini!

Cherry Lane Jane April 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

great suit! I found a few good ones at torrid.com you should check out also.


Your a better woman than I to get up that early. It would take an army of 100 to get me up and go to the gym that early

Post a Comment