Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

The 30 Day Shred, day 5.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Before Shredding, and after Shredding.

I know, I can't believe I've done 5 days either!

Today was Christopher's squadron picnic (for those of you that are new to the exciting life of Christopher And Tia, Christopher is in the US Air Force), which for us, means we get to eat brownies! The military doesn't exactly approve of a gluten free lifestyle, which means we're on our own at the events as far as food goes. Lately, our go to to-go food, is a brownie. Its kind of the most perfect food ever, am I wrong? We like adding walnuts for protein. They're healthy really, I swear, haha. The picnic ended up being awful in every way possible, I'll spare you the details, so we came home way before our departure was scheduled. Instead of eating our brownies in the 100 degree heat, surrounded by a big group of immature disrespectful jerks (OK, so I'll partially spare you the details), we decided to come home and eat our brownies in our nice air conditioned home. And eat those brownies we did. A lot. We ate them so hard, that we had to sweep and swiffer the entire bottom floor of the house. You think I'm joking don't you? No, we're huge pigs.

So because of the great brownie pig out of 2009, we had to kick butt in the 30 Day Shred department. Yep, Christopher too! While I was dressing Charlie in his goodnight outfit, in comes Christopher, wearing red short-shorts, knee socks, and a matching red sweatband. Sexay! The poor guy, got his butt kicked by Jillian. And me? I did great! I didn't have to stop a single time (I brought it back down to level 1 again, haha). I kept up, and I was even able to advance in some of the moves. I can now actually KICK my butt on the butt kicks. Yay! So my endurance is increasing, and I'm 1/6 of the way done with the Shred.

4 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain June 12, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

I keep hearing what a crazy workout this is! I need to try it.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life June 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

My ex-husband was a Marine, airwing side. I know all about those wretched Squadron picnics. *gag*

Angela June 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Proud of you!! You have your head in the game and that is the most important part of it! Glad you got to REALLY enjoy a good treat too!

Heather Jerdee June 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Hi Tia, I agree Brownies are awesome and I think I might need to try The Shred cause I like brownies and all sorts of other food too much :)

Post a Comment