Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Burn the scales! Whos with me?!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Picture taken 2 years ago.

My body has officially gone on strike.

I've been working my butt off. I stepped it up to level 2 of the shred, finishing day 12 about 10 minutes ago. I eat Salads every day, usually for both lunch and dinner. I've been pushing myself until my muscles can't hold anymore and collapse under the burn. I've splashed around in puddles of my own sweat. I've hacked up god knows what, after chasing after my own breath for 20 minutes at a time. I've sacrificed my skin and sanity, to Jillian Michaels. And did I mention I'm still breastfeeding? Its an impossible scene that I've set up for myself, but that hasn't stopped me from trying.

Yesterday I went to the store in hopes of buying some kind of swim suit contraption that would allow me to dip into the kiddy pool with the kids. Um... fail. I left Target with a pair of board shorts, but when I got home realized that once I was in them, even though I had previously tried them on in the fitting rooms, I couldn't move. I didn't like how they felt or look, so decided to wear shorts and a tank top instead. I felt heavy and bloated. The weight of the soggy shorts and tank top only intensified that. I don't want to hide myself under layers of cotton. I want to wear a swim suit dangit. Struggles aside, we had a fun time in the pool.

Today I stepped on the scale. +3 lbs, it says.

Heavy feeling? Bloated? Emotional? Weight gain? ....Maybe this is just my non period. I call it my non period, because I haven't had a period in a million years, but once a month I feel like I'm going to. My lack of a cycle has also caused us to purchase infinity pregnancy tests throughout the months (please tell me I'm not the only one who's done this?), but I'll save that for another rant.

I'm going to burn my scale. And when I'm done with that, I'm going to burn all the calories in the world by mowing my lawn.

12 comments:

This Little Bird June 22, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Awww... keep with it...you'll do it.. and your doing way better then me. I haven't lost anything :( Today is my offical re-start date on Weight Watchers.. so we'll see what happens with that.

Don't worry so much about the scales.. lots of time when you start working out you will gain weight because you are gaining muscle. Which is great cause the muscle will eventually eat away at the actual fat.

Don't be too discouraged! Keep with it lady. You can do it :)

Unknown June 22, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

Don't give up!! I'm a water-retainer and I go up 10+ lbs just eating a freakin' chip. When I cut all sodium out of my diet... I'm SKINNY! When I consume it, I have quadruple chins and chipmunk cheeks. Not even kidding.

Hey, if salads aren't doing it for you, try a soup loaded with veggies. I swear by soup when I'm dieting. I went from a 16 to a small six and I totally have the soup I consumed, to thank.

Good luck, Tia! You'll get where you want to be.

Amy June 22, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Didn't you measure yourself at the beginning? Have those measurements changed at all? I don't rely much on the scale myself, moreso on what clothes fit and how.

Related: Nothing can kill your self-esteem quicker than swimsuit shopping. Ugh. *hugs*

Anonymous,  June 22, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

I've been WiiFitting and some days it terrifies me to step on its scale. It's such a motivation killer to get on the scale and see it not move, or worse, go higher.

Just keep reminding yourself that muscle weighs more than fat, and you're probably building up your muscle! You're doing great!

MariaSoleil June 22, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

I am in the same boat. I stopped nursing a couple of weeks ago hoping that would be the magic trigger, but for me, no. Just keep at it. Something's gotta give.

Jessica Marie June 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

i frequently have a non period (going on three months now) and ALWAYS buy a bunch of pregnancy tests in during these times even though i should be used to it by now :D

Tia Colleen June 22, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

NessaGurl- Thanks so much for the encouragement. It helps that I've got someone cheering for me. And good luck on weight watchers!! Let me know how that works for you, I've always been interested in it.

Elegant- Soup isn't in the cards for me. My stomach rejects the combination of liquids and solids. So unless I'm drinking just broth, its a no go :(


Amy- My measurements *have* changed in some areas, yes. So I know its doing my body good. I'm just feeling all around blah about the whole scale going up thing.

Dangerkitty- ooh I want a Wii fit! Lucky :) And right you are about it being the ultimate motivation killer. I keep telling myself I'm going to avoid the scale for like a month, but I can't go more than a few days without stepping on.

MariaSol- Really, the end of breastfeeding didn't do anything for you? Gah. We're doomed.

Jessica Marie- YES! I knew I wasn't the only one, haha.

Giggly June 22, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Burn it baby! Hey muscle weighs more than fat. Seriously mama, you are doing so great!! When I was nursing the last thing I wanted to think about was trying to shed weight. You are awesome and very admirable :-) ((HUGS))

Kimberly D. June 22, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Yes! Let's burn them. I have tried to lose the rest of my baby love, (he's almost one) I eat super healthy, exercise everyday and I stepped on the scale today to find out I gained 5 lbs!
Hrmmm...I don't have periods either. Haven't in a long time. After a while I started thinking I couldn't get pregnant. But I did. I wonder if the no period thing is connected to not being able to lose weight??

LeaKarts June 23, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

I feel your pain. I bought a swimsuit last month, with my 9-year-old in the dressing room with me critiquing each one. Thanks kiddo, keep it to yourself, will ya?!?

You are doing an amazing job!!! Sometimes the scale goes up a little in preparation for a big jump down. It's like your body is afraid to let go for a few days. You are working so hard--I know you'll get there!

LeaKarts June 23, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

p.s. I just saw nessagurl's comment about Weight Watcher's. I am doing WW too, and it's working great!

Jennifer and Iain June 24, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Muscle weights more than fat. Chin up! I would take your scale and throw it off a cliff or put it under the wheel of your car and drive over it :)

Post a Comment