Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Pictures By Christopher

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Before I met Christopher, he was really into photography. Not digital photography, but the old fashioned film developing kind of photography (a slowly dying, if not completely dead art, for sure). Over the past couple of years, I've kinda knocked him and his lens out of the way, with my big camera hogging butt. I'm not proud of this, I'm actually quite ashamed. His hobby became mine, though not with film, I prefer digital. I honestly didn't mean to take over, its just something that eventually happened.

Recently, I've been handing him the camera (I have project 365's set up for both of the kids, and sometimes I just can't keep up), and asked him to take some pictures. When I come home from doing whatever it is that I've been out doing, he greets me at the door, eager to show me the shots that hes snapped while I was away. I'm not as excited for his pictures as I am for my own, not because they're not good- they are, just because I'm not the one that took them. So while they don't hold quite as much meaning to me, because I wasn't there, during the editing process (I'm still the one behind the mouse when it comes to that part), I have noticed that hes gotten quite a bit better at capturing the moment (blurry pictures of electronics from 5 years ago just weren't anything to gawk at), his photos are beautiful, and I wanted to share a few of his recent frames with you...


I'd like to toss in a semi public apology.

I'm sorry Christopher, for stealing your hobby. Your pictures are wonderful. I love you.

7 comments:

soul_searching_mama November 22, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Very sweet, Tia. At least you are letting him take pictures now, which says a lot even though you stole his hobby. ;) You both are very talented at taking pictures. These are some beautiful pictures, Christopher. I especially like the one with both of them in bed--that is precious. :)

Sarah November 22, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

I think you are a wonderful wife and so thoughtful. AndI would be willing to bed that Christopher is so happy to share his passion with you ... after all, look at how wonderful you are at it.

queenvanna November 22, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

that's so sweet. and you're right, he is a wonderful photographer.

Megan November 22, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

Aw, good job BOTH of you.

And I LOVE film photography and developing my own pictures. It's def. a dying art and if a darkroom wasn't such a pain, I'd certainly have my own.

iampalegreen November 23, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Those are beautiful! Both of you are so talented behind the camera. I'm lucky to not get my thumb in mine. :)

Amanda Megan Miller November 25, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

As a photographer myself, with a significant other who gets excited to show me their own photos when they are just messing around...i totally understand this post and i love it! and his photos are fabulous! the images of a father. :)

-amanda
http://meshandlace.typepad.com

Post a Comment