Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Another Snow Storm

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yesterday was another cold day at Dyess. The clouds rolled in, and before we woke up, the sky had already started dropping glittery droplets of snow. It continued throughout the day, piling up and covering every surface it could wrap its cold frosty fingers around. I of course took the kids out to play in it, even though Eleanore couldn't keep herself standing, and Charlie screamed in my arms the entire time. Hot chocolate and warms baths were quick to follow.

Since Charlie had spent the entire afternoon in my arms, I didn't get a chance to catch any of it on camera. No pictures of snowball fights, no pictures of snow castles- nothing. Luckily, when I woke up this morning, there was still quite a bit left.



I scampered outside in my penguin pajama pants and big green slippers, ignored the fact that it was only 24 degrees, and took a couple of pictures of our house and street before the big melt settled in. You can see where the kids had left their marks the day before- where the blanket of white was tossed and ruffled.

I wonder if this will have been our last dance with snow this year? This is apparently the 8th snowiest winter in Abilene's history. The kids sure are loving it, so for their sakes, I guess it wouldn't be so bad to see another snowman or two before spring arrives. Until then, maybe another round of hot chocolate...

4 comments:

beka February 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

*whistles*
Wow, Tia, that is a ton of snow... ;) Of course you know I'm kidding. We've got upwards of a foot and a half, here in the midwest. :) Wonderfee. I'm ready for it to be gone. GONE. :)

Your picture-taking outift sounds jolly good! ;) And ah, yes, the childrens do love it so...

Alyssa S. February 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

The snow just missed us. BUMMER! This winter was so much of a disappointment :(

CraftGirlAlli February 24, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

If you want anymore...I'll give you what we're getting! lol. But you're right, if the kids love it, you can't help but love it too!

Alita February 26, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

ugh... you can have ours. We had 8 inches last week and an additional 6 inches on Monday and it has STILL not stopped snowing.

So... be happy that you get the big warm up.

I'm SO over snow (and winter.)

Post a Comment