Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

I Heart Faces: We Heart Kisses

Tuesday, February 9, 2010


I had a tough time choosing between this photo, taken back in August, and a picture of Charlie smooching his sister's baby doll, also taken last summer. I decided in the end, that this picture was more appropriate, with all that has been happening this week. This is how I feel, most of the time at least, hee hee. I just want to scoop him up and cover him in Mama slobber, which I do often. Charlie loves kisses, thankfully. I think they tickle right through his baby soft skin, down to the cherry core of his perfect chocolate coated heart.

I know its nowhere near professional, and the colors are a little bit off (zombie skin tones are in though, right?), but I went with it anyways. I never enter these challenges expecting, or really even desiring to win. I just enter them for the fun of it.


Friends; I have to thank you for your overwhelming support, yet again. The emails that you've sent, and the comments that you left, regarding Charlie's seizures have been heart warming. Some even moved me to tears. Yes I know that's easy to do, I cry at everything (13 weeks pregnant and going strong), but your words wrap themselves around me like a hug through the computer screen. It means a lot to us.

Update; Charlie saw the doctor yesterday, and she took his seizures very seriously. As a first step, she's ordered both an EEG and a cat scan (for which Charlie will be sedated for the first time, and even though I've heard its easier for children than adults, still makes me very nervous), and she's put in a referral for a neurologist. She couldn't believe that the previous doctor had blown it off so easily. His taking it lightly is what had kept me calm through the worst of the episodes, so for my original fear of "this is serious", to be seen so clearly in a new doctor, filled my heart with adrenaline, and I came home with a strong grip on my son, not wanting to set him anywhere but in Daddy's arms. We'll keep everybody updated as we go through the process of diagnosis and treatment. But again, thank you everyone for your support.

16 comments:

This Little Bird February 9, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

Beautiful photo Tia... it actually brought tears to my eyes (And I'm not even hormonal) ... I love the colour and the little hearts. Keep giving that beautiful baby of yours big slobbery mommy kisses.

Kitty February 9, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

aw, what a great photo!

and i'm glad the new dr. is taking it seriously.
hopefully it's not serious, or something he'll grow out of.

*hugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugs*

p.s., yaaay zombie skins! :P

Sara February 9, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

I'm so glad to hear that you have found a doctor who takes your concerns seriously. It's hard to find doctors who aren't quick to dismiss a Mom's gut feelings.
Charlie is in my prayers (and you and Christopher as well).

Alita February 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

What a genuine smile on his little face. How cute!

My very first pediatrician dismissed my concerns so he soon was dismissed by me. Trust your mommy instinct. I will pray for your lil Charlie!

iampalegreen February 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

I love this picture!! His face is like "what is she doing to me?!" but loving it at the same time. Cherish those kisses now before he grows up! :)

Alyssa S. February 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

That is the PERFECT picture :)

Art Kitten February 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

Thinking about you and Charlie and the rest of your family. I am VERY happy to hear that a doctor is finally listening to you. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Johanna February 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

this picture sums up perfectly a mama's love for her babe. it's beautiful!

Johanna February 9, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

yes, I am glad that the doctor has taken Charlie's condition seriously. A mama's instinct is NEVER wrong. You must be feeling better already just to know that someone is putting Charlie's health at the top of the list. xox

Megan February 9, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

That photo is too sweet.

And I'm glad you've found a doctor that's taking things seriously. I've noticed a lot of doctors (not just on base) blowing things off lately. (A girl I work with *severly* burned her hand last week and the doctor just gave her pain meds and sent her home!)

I hope you guys get answers soon, I can't imagine seeing a little one having seizures and not being able to do anything.

Fallon February 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

I love the photo and am super HAPPY that Charlies got a good doctor to help figure everything out. Hang in there mom and dad :)

beka February 9, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

Awwwwww, that picture is the sweetest. :)

<3
Praying for Charlie and you guys.

Tia February 10, 2010 at 1:16 AM  

Tia, I can't imagine the grip of fear that's in your heart right now... thinking of you all and sending much positivity your way.

Unknown February 10, 2010 at 7:31 AM  

You really captured the love you two share. Beautiful.

Karin Schueller February 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

LOVE this pic of you two. Like, LOVE LOVE it. :)

I'm so happy this doctor is taking things seriously. Been thinking about you guys alot lately!

Post a Comment