Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday: I'm #1. Why Try Harder?

Thursday, September 23, 2010


My Aunt up in Washington state sent me another package loaded with flashbacks, maybe I mentioned that? Among the stack of Christmas pictures from the past and shots of my Dad teaching me how to ride a bike (maybe I'll share that one next week?), were these adorable photos of me and my Dad with the cutest litter of fluffy white puppies...





I had never seen these pictures, until I opened up the package. They're from before my first memories, so... I sort of cried like an Evelyn (hah, cause shes a baby), joyfully of course, upon seeing them. I couldn't have been older than 3. Maybe not even that?

But the best part

...is obviously my Dad's awesome 80's hat.

"I'm #1. Why try harder?"

Very classy, Dad.
Only you.


********************************
Flashback with us! Go through your polaroids, scrapbooks, old crappy cell phone pictures- whatever you've got. Scan them, upload them, get them onto the computer somehow, and then share them with the world! Or... with us at least. Post them onto your blogs, write a little bit to go with them- tell us your story. When you're all finished, grab one of our buttons from down below (wayyyy down there at the bottom of our page) and put it somewhere inside your post (or link back to us the old fashioned text way). Come back here to this post, and add your link to the photo list below!



23 comments:

rachel September 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

I really need to have a scanning party. I have so few oldish photos on my computer!

Mommy Elephant Sarah September 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Wow, what a wonderful surprise. How fun it must be to go through all those. What cool pictures! Love it.

Anonymous,  September 23, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

Soooo adorable..and the most precious dogs ever!!

Anonymous,  September 24, 2010 at 12:06 AM  

Charlie looks EXACTLY like you did when you were a baby! I love it. Thanks for sharing!

krissilugbill September 24, 2010 at 1:33 AM  

oh my word, that flashback is priceless, i love it! that hat is hilariously fabulous! what a cool day, you are adorable, and all those pups, too much cuteness!

Colleen September 24, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Love the hat! You know, I can see Charlie in the second picture, but there is something of Eleanor in the last shot. Maybe it's the way you are sitting.

CourtneyKeb September 24, 2010 at 6:36 AM  

You and Ellie look alike in picture number 2!

Jennifer September 24, 2010 at 7:32 AM  

Wow, that is a striking resemblance to your oldest daughter. And you said that you don't think she looks like you at all...

Renee September 24, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

How cute! I love your dad's hat too, that is pure awesomeness!!

Jennifer September 24, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

Okay those are just too cute, love the puppies :)

And your right that hat is something else!

Charmaine Poulin September 24, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

So stinkin' cute you were!!!! And yes....I really love your Dad's hat!!! Mine had a few funny ones like that in the 80's as well!!! I've got to get scanning so I can have something better for next week!

Anonymous,  September 24, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

So, I happen to think I see the Eleanore/Tia/Charlie resemblence in these pictures. You don't have to believe me, but I do. :)

Rogue Wild September 24, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

aaaawwwwww!!! I so see Elie in the 2nd picture and Charlie in the 3rd =o) Yay, happy dance, your daughter does look like you ;o)

CraftGirlAlli September 24, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

Wow, you and Ellie could be twins from those photos!

Thanks for sharing!

Megan E. September 24, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

I think you and Charlie look so alike! :)

Unknown September 24, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Oh man, how badly do I want that hat!!! AWESOME!

And oh man, that is like a little long-haired Charlie! SO cute!!

mrs zombie September 24, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Yup, he wins. Way to go Tia's papa!

Annie Rose September 24, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

Oh, that is AWESOME!

Those puppies are so fluffy.

I cant believe how much the younger-you looks like your kids! I think Mr. C should put on a wig and be younger-you for Halloween. It would be perfect! tee hee :)

Amy Nielson September 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

awesome hat dad. seriously, does it get any better?

this is my first week linking up for FBF, & i'm a new follower :) definitely gonna be a new friday tradition.

Alyssa S. September 24, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

I SO wish someone would stumble upon a stash of pics of me from way back when and send them to me. I doubt there are any secret stashes out there though. What I need to do is visit Boston and steal some of my Mom'd pics :)

I love the little white fluffies running amok. Can I say, the last pic is one that I can actually see Ellie in you!

beka September 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Ohmyword. It's so Charlie and Ellie! Gosh! :) Cute. Gotta love that hat. ;)

Post a Comment