Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A Visit With My Dallas Girls

Thursday, September 23, 2010

First I have to say, shame on me for not taking more pictures!

Oh well. Next time, right?

I've got a few friends (good friends) on Twitter, who live off to the East of us, over in the Dallas area. These girls have always been the very best at keyboard conversation, and even offered to drive all the way out here to watch my kids for me while I gave birth. Seriously, they're awesome.

They didn't end up coming out for Evelyn's birth, we found a babysitter to watch the babies in time, but they did decide to come out just for the heck of it anyways. So as things with our new family of 5 settled, they made plans to road trip from there to here, and while I was so anxious I think I lost five pounds in pure sweat- it was awesome.




This is Lauren and Angel.
Or, @laurenacarlton, and @angelxedge, for anyone with Twitter.

I got a twitter message from Lauren about 10 minutes before they got to my house- reminding me to put pants on.

I scrambled.
You mean, I can't just wear my husbands over sized PT shirt? Why not?

I tried to squeeze myself into real jeans, but it just wasn't happening. I went with a plain maternity outfit. I never got around to blow drying my hair (messy curls all over the place), and makeup never made it from the brush to my face.

They got introduced to the real me.

Well, mostly.
Because I was wearing pants, after all.
And the real me, usually walks around half naked. Either pantsless or topless.
Who has time for clothes? Really.

Oh, and of course they both showed up dolled to the max.



This is Avery.
Lauren's daughter.

I liked her, because she liked my cookies.

And Charlie liked her too...



Ok well maybe he was a little bit afraid of her at first (he buried his crying face in my chest for the first half hour), but he warmed up to her.

And if you can't tell from the picture. She wears the pants in the relationship.



We made popcorn!

Oh, you can't tell that thats popcorn?

Yeah I know.
Way to go, camera.

Hold on...



See, we made popcorn!

And Lauren kept dropping it down the front of her.
Which always happens to me.
So I think we connected through cleavage.



Mmmm, popcorn with no salt or butter.

Wait, no- thats gross.

The kids didn't want anything on it, so I made it plain.

Actually, the only kid that can really respond to "what do you want on your popcorn?", was Eleanore, who somehow didn't make it into a single picture.

So she got her way, and we basically ate crunchy air.



Say Vegan cheeeeeeeeeeeeese!

Did I mention that both girls are vegan?

YES! Somebody to bake for!!!

I made both gluten free vegan thin mint, and pumpkin spice cookies.
But they barely ate any.
So they either hated them, or they didn't want to pig out in front of me.

But I know for sure that Avery liked them, so that makes me happy.



Eleanore fell head over heels for Angel. She was constantly in her face, non stop talking, and I think at one point sitting in her lap telling her that she loved her.

And I think it had to have been because of this...



A zombie Hello Kitty tattoo.
Yes.

After a good long and exhausting 5 hour visit, the gals hit the road and headed back home, leaving behind a great big bag full of the cutest newborn clothes for Evelyn, and on accident- a bag of dried banana chips.

It was fun.
It was worth putting pants on for.

17 comments:

Anonymous,  September 23, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Lol, love it. I don't think I've ever had the chance to make anything vegan for someone who would REALLY appreciate it. Usually people like what I eat but they could care less that it's vegan :( So anyways, if I ever come to Texas I know whose house I'm visiting ;) xx

Alyssa S. September 23, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

How cool to be visited by friends! I need someone to take a road trip to visit me :) Maybe poor Charlie thought he was being invaded by another new sister...only a more grown up one! Hey, I love the zombie Hello Kitty too. Yes, I think I agree, it was a day worth wearing pants for.

Casey September 23, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Yay! That's so cool, Tia. I have met some of my best local & non-local friends online.

Unknown September 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

aww they look like such fun and awesome girls! And anyone else w/ a Hello Kitty tattoo (even a zomby one) is automatically a friend in my book!

Shalyn September 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Awww. Looks like a fun time was had by all.

I want friends!

Maggie September 23, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

they must have already known the real you, if they knew enough to remind you to put on pants.

Anonymous,  September 23, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

I feel famous! I've been immortalized on your blog! Also, those are some of the nicest photos of me and the ONLY photos that Angel and I have together. Anyway, the cookies were great, you were great, your kids were great, and we heart you. And the new baby! Squee!

P.S. SPACE PUPPIES!

Colleen September 23, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

Gotta love friends who are worth putting pants on for, but then again... friends who don't care about the pants are pretty awesome too! Love the zombie kitty!

Anonymous,  September 23, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

First off...Eleanore in her Justin Bieber shirt is awesome..jealous big time, secondly..she looks adorable in those glasses..and it WOULD make great coverart! Lastly..glad you had a nice visit. Amazing and great people are rare to find these days..and that was an awesome tat!

considerthelillies September 23, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

sounds and looks like a fun time was had by all! They look like sweet people and how nice to be able to meet up with them!

TexasBobbi September 23, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

Sorry I couldn't make it. Avery also wears the pants in her and Ian's relationship.

Devon September 23, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

fun!!! looks like you had a nice time!!! i wish i had friends that would drive to see me! i'm home alone 99% of the time until Cory gets home from work. gets kind of lonely!!

beka September 23, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

Awesome---love friend time:)

beka September 23, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

Awesome---love friend time:)

Angel September 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

I had so much fun! We would have loved you with or without pants, LOL. Elie is seriously the sweetest little girl ever and I love her to pieces :) So glad we got to hang out, we'll have to do it again sometime. And seriously, best cookies EVER.

mrs zombie September 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

No photos of you in this mix? Looks like a good time!

Post a Comment